Post # 6 - Final Blog Post

 My genius hour project taught me that I'm not the only one who feels passionately about the connections between music and running.  There are countless articles and online conversations on the topic, and the effect music has on running performance differs from one person to the next.  That said, it appears that the majority of people feel music has a positive influence on their running and on their running performance specifically. 

What I enjoyed most was that doing a Genius Hour project allowed me to work on a topic that was interesting and meaningful to me.  Being able to go out for run, which is one of my favorite activities, and having it be a part of my research was a joy!  I also really like making the video component.  It was the most time consuming, but also a skill that I really wanted to begin to work at, and this forced me to do so.

My most significant challenge came about in my running experiments.  For me to personally benefit from running, I need it to help me reach a meditative state, which I then use to prolong my performance.  However, I can't reach this state if I'm consciously aware that I'm trying to achieve it, and the experiment made me constantly aware.  

If I could do something differently, I would make my video component even better.  I had to stop with the product as it was due to time constraints (that video took many hours to complete!).  I would like to invest even more time into learning how I can use Adobe Premier Pro to construct videos that will be appealing to viewers online.

From here I will continue to run of course!  And when the topic of music comes up in conversation with my running friends, I will be able to contribute what I've learned from this project.  Also, I will spend further time developing my video editing skills.

Comments